He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to
do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
~ Micah 6:8
As a church in the in the Woodland Heights, close to downtown, we are constantly seeking to discern how we can most faithfully serve our community – from the people who fill our pews on Sunday, as well as those that don’t have a place to call home.
We regularly serve at several ministries within our congregation and throughout our city. In addition to serving others, we seek to provide opportunities to learn as much as we can about issues of social justice facing our city, nation and world.
In Our Church
There are a number of opportunities to serve the people within our church community including:
- Worship team - ushers, readers, greeters, people to set up for worship are needed every Sunday morning.
- Care Team - Cares for those who are elderly or need assistance during illness
- Prayer Team - Meets on Wednesdays at noon and at other times to pray for the church
- Preparing Meals – Our congregation takes care of meals and helps those who are recovering from surgery or welcoming a new child to their family
- Community Life Team - Helps host events that bring the community together- sets up, prepares and serves food, cleans up, plans ways for people to connect with each other.
- Sending Cards – St. Mark’s ministers to our community sending birthday cards, notes of condolences, and other occasions. The card station is located near the church office.
- Joyful Threads — a sewing ministry that makes items for hospitals and for members, praying over items that they knit, sew or crochet.
- Lawn Mowing Team - has a rotation of crews that take care of the lawn.
In Our City
St. Mark’s organizes and supports a number of ways to serve the city including:
In Our World
ZOE a program, developed in Africa that empowers orphans and vulnerable children around the world to overcome extreme poverty, become fully self-reliant, and learn of God’s love for them. St. Mark’s is a partner with ZOE’s Dora Working Group in Zimbabwe. For more info read the Zoe partner group report.
Contact the church office for more information on these ministries, or look for more information on Facebook or the Newsletter.